Dr. Stephen Barrie’s long standing Moonshot is: to impact human health on a global scale, by changing what individuals know about their own health. As the “grandfather of the microbiome,” Dr. Barrie was one of the very first pioneers of harnessing a balanced microbiome for optimal health, and today he gives us an insider’s view on:
- What he realized in his private practice: treating the pathology (the symptoms of the illness) is not the same as treating the root cause of the disease
- Dr. Barrie’s discovery that our gut microbiome is a KEY factor in our health— far ahead of when this was becoming popularly recognized medical science
- The mind-blowing reality of how much control our microbiome has over our health and behaviors
- Why Stephen retired… 3 times (and the incredible opportunities that convinced him to come back)
- When Stephen met the Dalai Lama — and the astounding story about Stephen’s visit to an ancient monastery in Bhutan
Genova Diagnostics Labs, founded by Dr. Barrie
Fermented Foods: good for gut health
Viome test: www.viome.com
Watch the full-length video version of any Moonshots episode here on YouTube.
Continue the journey at MoonshotsPodcast.com.
And remember! You can help others find the show:
Subscribe and review on iTunes
Listen and review on Stitcher
Subscribe and comment on Castbox
Subscribe on Google Podcasts
Subscribe on Pocket Casts
Subscribe and comment on Podbean
Leave a comment and subscribe on YouTube
Or, wherever you listen!